Special Adventure Ministry
SAFARI KIDS' Special Adventure strives to provide special needs children and their families a safe and loving environment that is Christ-centered, based on prayer and Biblical teaching.
- Celebrating each child as fearfully and wonderfully made by our Creator, while teaching and sharing the love of Christ with them.
- Blessing parents and caregivers with respite and the freedom to worship God together with the body of Christ, with the assurance their child is well cared for.
- Inclusion: “God combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.” (1 Corinthians 12:22-25)
Buddy Program (Inclusion)Our goal is for all children to enjoy full participation in Safari Kids Worship Celebrations and other activities at ALCF. Children benefitting from additional support may be paired with a qualified Special Adventure Buddy (adult and/or peer), as appropriate. A Buddy can provide love, encouragement and safety, as well as enable inclusion into age/developmentally appropriate classrooms to the extent possible:
- To enable ALL children to hear the Word of God and internalize it through class activities.
- To encourage special needs children to develop peer relationships.
- To encourage “typical" children to appreciate that God created ALL of us in His image. We are equally loved and valued, while each of us are unique and different.
Become a Special Adventure Buddy
Info here: alcf.net/SA