SAFARI Kids Junior Leaders
The SAFARI Kids Junior Leader Program is for children of ages nine to 17 years old who love Jesus, love kids, and want to serve as role models for other children in SAFARI Kids. They have demonstrated an ability to listen and follow directions, and are capable of assisting adult SK Leaders in achieving the goals of SAFARI Kids Children’s Ministry.
Commitment & Junior Leader Applicant Process
The Junior Leader Program is a one-year commitment.
At the first meeting, called a Junior Leader Orientation, parents/guardians stay for the entire meeting, not just the first 15 minutes. When parents/guardians fully understand the benefits, requirements, and expectations of a Junior Leader and their family, they are given the opportunity to think about it. Then, they may demonstrate their commitment to the program by turning in an application and statement of commitment, signed by the Junior Leader & their parent/guardian. They may take up to 14 days to submit an application. If an application is not received at the conclusion of the 14 days, families will be notified that they may attend the next Junior Leader Orientation in 12 months to reconsider.
During the first year, Junior Leaders are encouraged to serve at least two weekends per month to understand their role in an SK Room and establish relationships with adult Leaders. Junior Leaders must serve at a minimum of one Worship Celebration per month to be considered “Active”.
To sign up for the next Junior Leader Orientation, please click HERE.
Junior Leader’s Parent/Guardian Guidelines
The Junior Leader’s parent/guardian is committed to helping Junior Leaders serve most effectively. Parents/guardians are central because they establish immediate accountability for the Junior Leader’s church attendance and behavior. The following are ways the Junior Leader's parent/guardian is held responsible for a Junior Leader:
- Parent/Guardians must stay for the entire Junior Leader Orientation (not just the first 15 minutes)
- Parents/Guardians demonstrate their commitment to the program by turning in an application and statement of commitment, signed by both the Junior Leader and his or her parent/guardian
After the Junior Leader is admitted to the program
- Parents/Guardians develop an understanding that adult SK Leaders are the primary in class role models for their Junior Leader
- During the first 12-month period, parents/guardians will partner with SK Leaders and Staff to make sure that the Junior Leader is learning to serve appropriately.
- Parents/guardians will drop off their Junior Leaders to their class at each service hour.
- Parents/guardians will pick up their Junior Leader at the completion of their service time, after SK classes have been cleaned and re-set. (This will allow the Junior Leader parents/guardians to fellowship, participate in lobby sign-ups, cd/tape line, etc. before picking up their Junior Leader. This will also allow parents/guardians to enter the room and get to know the adult Leaders in the room where their Junior Leader is serving. At these times, SK Leaders can offer feedback to parents/guardians about how the Junior Leader is doing in class.)
At the conclusion of the first 12-month period, Junior Leaders may re-commit for a new 12-month period. During this time, Junior Leaders are encouraged to serve at least 2 weekends per month but may serve once per month to be considered Active.